[exim] Postmaster accounts (was Re: Unwanted bounce messages…

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Marc Sherman
To: exim-users
Vecchi argomenti: Re: [exim] Unwanted bounce messages generated locally
Oggetto: [exim] Postmaster accounts (was Re: Unwanted bounce messages generated locally)
Jethro R Binks wrote:

> Yes the spam to the postmaster address is tedious, but is a partly
> unavoidable consequence of responsibly operating a mail service under best
> current practice.

I actually find the spam to postmaster to be much less tedious than
other parts of managing my server; I have things set up so that
postmaster is scored by spamassassin, but never bounced, and
high-scoring postmaster mail goes to a separate quarantine folder. That
quarantine is very easy to manually examine on a daily basis, since all
I have to do is eyeball the subject lines looking for something vaguely
related to a complaint about my server.

The user-quarantines are much more annoying, actually, since they need
to be scanned for a much broader array of subjects, and thus need more
thought per message.

- Marc