Re: [exim] PORT 25 NOT RESPONDING

Autor: Martin A. Brooks
A: Nitin Gupta
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] PORT 25 NOT RESPONDING
Nitin Gupta wrote:
> In my /etc/hosts file i haved checked 127.0.0.1 localhost
> localhost.localdomain

I don't understand what you mean by "checked". What makes you think
that your exim problem is related to the contents of /etc/hosts?

> and one more thing i cannot start exim thru /etc/sbin

I wouldn't expect the exim binary to be in /etc, so that's not surprising.

> and neither through /etc/rc.d/init.d.

So what _exactly_ are you typing? What _exact_ error messages are you
getting? How does what you get differ from your expectations?

> Whenver i am changing my exim confif i am everytime restarting my
> machine so that configuration can be saved.

If you've installed exim from source, as you have previously indicated,
(as an aside, this is a mistake, you're using RHEL so you should be
using packages), then it's up to you to add init.d hooks to stop and
start the daemon. No-one will have added them for you.

> Please advice.

I really think you should read a new user's guide to Redhat. Running a
mail server connected directly to the internet is not a responsibility
to be taken lightly, I would make sure that your system administrator is
aware that you are doing so.

--
 Martin A. Brooks |  http://www.antibodymx.net/ | Anti-spam & anti-virus
    Consultant    |  martin@???      | filtering. Inoculate