Re: [exim] callouts and tls

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Graeme Fowler
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] callouts and tls
On Thu, 2008-02-21 at 09:42 +0100, Peter Velan wrote:
> Yes you are right: This kind of click-clack (without any knowledge about
> the background mechanism) exists on non-Microsoft systems too! But I
> never saw such kind of "documentation" in the *primary* literature for
> Exim, Sendmail, Postfix & Qmail.

But this isn't the MS Exchange primary literature - it's for MS Small
Business Server, which is analogous to running something like Mitel's
SME Server (related to/AKA E-Smith, see
http://aplawrence.com/esmith.html ) - it's a small business product
designed entirely for people who don't know, or know only a bit, about
what they're doing.

The more complete explanation for Exchange is here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823866

Which is, in many ways, related to:

http://wiki.exim.org/FAQ/Policy_controls/Q0743

Interestingly, the originally quoted MS document is almost exactly the
same as this:

http://wiki.exim.org/FAQ/Policy_controls/Q0744

...which is a "cut'n'paste" solution to the problem. Oh look, a
cut'n'paste in the primary documentation! ;-)

Phew. I managed to keep it Exim-related!

Graeme