Re: [exim] ERROR STARTING EXIM SERVICE

Autor: Graeme Fowler
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] ERROR STARTING EXIM SERVICE
Hi

Firstly, please don't SHOUT. Using all capitals is construed by many as
somewhat rude :)

On Wed, 2008-02-20 at 14:29 +0530, Nitin Gupta wrote:
> I HAVE INSTALLED EXIM 4.66-5 AND WHEN EVER I TRY TO START THE SERVICE WITH
> /usr/sbin/service exim start IT THROWS MESSAGE : "SERVICE: UNRECOGNIZED" .I
> TRIED TO START FROM /etc/rc.d/init.d BUT IT IS NOT SHOWING ANY SERVICE
> THERE.

If you installed Exim from source, it doesn't include an init script.

It sounds, from your description, like you're using a RedHat based system - RHEL,
Fedora, CentOS - and the package you installed hasn't installed an init
script.

More info required, really - what OS/distro, and how did you install
Exim?

Graeme