Re: [pcre-dev] manual in Texinfo?

Author: Zack Weinberg
To: Sheri
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] manual in Texinfo?
On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 8:50 AM, Sheri <silvermoonwoman@???> wrote:
> I don't know how that looks elsewhere, but on Windows, it looks like
> pure text with a bunch of visible formatting codes.

Yes, that file is analogous to the existing pcrepattern.3 - it's the
input to the formatter, not the end product. You can see (one version
of) the end product at
http://monotone.ca/docs/Regexp-Details.html

> I would suggest that that you could easily maintain your version of the
> documentation going forward, by comparing a current to previous version
> of the man or html page, note each differences, and insert them in your
> version.

This is what I am doing now; it's fine for small changes but will not
scale well if the documentation is ever radically changed.

zw