Re: [exim] Configure Syslog-NG with no pop3logging to messag…

Autor: Dave Evans
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Configure Syslog-NG with no pop3logging to messages
On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 10:56:33AM +0100, Jens Strohschnitter wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> does anyone know how I have to configure the syslog-ng
> that no pop3-access is logged to messages ?
> I'm running ubuntu-server with round about 200 users,
> using exim 4.66 and popper but any pop3-access is logged
> to the messages!

Try reading the syslog-ng / popper documentation, or follow up whatever
support they provide (e.g. their mailing list). Maybe in popper you can tell
it not to log to syslog. Also I seem to recall that syslog-ng allows you to
filter on all sorts of things, including the text of the message.

Anyway, nothing to do with Exim.

--
Dave Evans
http://djce.org.uk/