Re: [exim] high (50+) load avg / 0% cpu use / 200+ conn.conn…

Author: jamez
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] high (50+) load avg / 0% cpu use / 200+ conn.connections
Sorry for not mentioning it in my first post... I have default installation
of Debian "exim4-heavy-daemon" package without any filter (spamc/clamd/etc).
The "mad" configs (ramdisk, logging to /dev/null) are all setup as testing
and was made to minimize the possibility of problem's souces (hdd i/o).

Before i launched the system sure i had logs enabled, Maildir located on
separate SATA mounted disk... Nothing interesting were in logs - just ton of
"message received for local delivery", and after some time ton of "refused"
due "too many connections" or "load too high". Only after investigating the
logs i turned them off. Im not that mad and blind, lol :)

Just rechecked exim config... all DNSBLS and other blacklist's are turned
off.

As for now, load average are ok (below 1.0) with about 10k connections per
hour/166 per minute/3 per second, and only <10 exim4 processes. The only
things i changed were "dc_minimaldns" set to true and settings local box's
ip in /etc/resolv.conf (after setting up bind). Default logging is now
enabled.

Will let you know when load avg go high again...

Thanks all for response!