Re: [exim] Rejecting Recipients at RCPT stage

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Graeme Fowler
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Rejecting Recipients at RCPT stage
Hi Zlatko

On Fri, 2008-02-15 at 16:27 +0200, Zlatko Mesaros wrote:
> I am trying to figure out the way to reject the users during the SMTP
> dialog rather then send bounce messages.
> Actually - I would like to reply with '550 User does not exist' if the
> RCPT yields no valid user.

You're almost there. You already have the relevant "require verify =
recipient" clause in your config, so if your test runs show the
recipients as being accepted then there's something in your routers
which is accepting them - a verify run sends the recipient address
through the routers, in order, to make sure it would be accepted.

I have a sneaking suspicion that your Amavis config is probably at fault
- can you post your routers for us to make sure what's happening? I'd
pitch at there being no conditions on it, or conditions which only check
domains.

Also, if you can do a debug run again but this time include the SMTP
"chat" (as you put it) within the debug run, it'll show you where and
why your invalid recipients get accepted.

Graeme