Re: [exim] round robin -> load balancing query

Top Pagina
Auteur: Jeroen van Aart
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] round robin -> load balancing query
Brent Clark wrote:
> Would it be ok to just add another machine and then to just update the DNS to handle the round robin
> effect.

I noticed no problems and I haven't found a client misbehaving due to
round robin. It's very easy to set up, which compensates in my opinion
for the slight overhead informing people that IF they can't reach a
server to use another, directly with the IP or its FQDN.

Thunderbird appears to randomly use an IP and not fix to using one
single IP.

> So in short, if i dig smtp.internalmydomain.local it would return two ipaddresses.

I'd say use 3 or more, obviously the more IPs the smaller the chance
one'd find problems if one of them becomes unavailable for a while.

Greetings,
Jeroen