[pcre-dev] manual in Texinfo?

Author: Zack Weinberg
To: pcre-dev
Subject: [pcre-dev] manual in Texinfo?
Another thing that's come up in the context of Monotone is that we'd
like to have the PCRE syntax documentation as part of our manual, but
our manual is written in Texinfo. I did a hand conversion of the
pcresyntax and pcrepattern manpages into that format, but obviously I
would rather not do that every time there's a major update. Thus I'm
wondering if you would consider taking onboard a complete conversion
of your manual to Texinfo. (I would do the work.) It natively
generates excellent PDF and HTML output, and I can provide you with a
Perl script (which I originally wrote and is now maintained as part of
GCC - it might need minor modifications, but I don't anticipate
trouble) which converts to POD format, from which you could generate
man-format and plain text documentation.

zw