Re: [exim] round robin -> load balancing query

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Peter Bowyer
To: exim users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] round robin -> load balancing query
On 15/02/2008, Brent Clark <brentgclarklist@???> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a fair amount of users hamering my internal smtp server / and also would be great for redundancy.
>
> I would like to know.
>
> Would it be ok to just add another machine and then to just update the DNS to handle the round robin
> effect.
>
> So in short, if i dig smtp.internalmydomain.local it would return two ipaddresses.

Does 'internal' mean these are MSA clients? I wouldn't like to rely on
any given MUA's behaviour when faced with 2 IPs, especially when one
of them doesn't work. Test and test again before you roll it out.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter@???