Re: [exim] howto check if authenticated users are using a li…

Author: Felix Erkinger
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] howto check if authenticated users are using a list of allowed email addresses
Tony Finch schrieb:
> On Mon, 11 Feb 2008, Felix Erkinger wrote:
>
>> hi, i'm trying to make a ACL condition which should check if the
>> authenticated user is using email addresses out of a allowed list:
>
> something like
>
>   deny
>     message = user $authenticated_id may not use sender address $sender_address
>     authenticated = *
>   ! senders = ${lookup {$authenticated_id} lsearch {/etc/exim/email-per-user.txt} }

As far as i unterstood your code sample, the second one, matches what i
wanted to do, because it checks if the h_from, h_sender addresses match
the email-per-user.txt ? or does senders= also check header addresses ?
i'm confused ...

> I think the following will do if. It's a bit tricky. The forall iterates
> $item over the From: and Sender: addresses, and checks that every address
> satisfies the following condition. The match_address checks that the item
> appears in the user's list of permitted addresses.
>
>   deny
>     message = user $authenticated_id may not use sender address $sender_address
>     authenticated = *
>   ! condition = ${if forall \
>                      {<, ${addresses:>, $h_From:}, \
>                          ${addresses:>, $h_Sender:} } \
>                      { match_address \
>                        {$item}{${lookup {$authenticated_id} \
>                                  lsearch {/etc/exim/email-per-user.txt} }} } }

i will try to get the two ones running, and post the results.

Thank you,
    Felix