Re: [exim] Sending 4xx errors for certain domains

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Sending 4xx errors for certain domains
On 13/02/2008, Peter Farmer <pfarmer@???> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I run a few largeish backup mx servers for a lots of customer domains,
> sometimes the the customers do something stupid like limit the number of
> mails my mx servers can send them in an hour, or outright block my mx
> servers from sending to them, in these situations I'd ideally like to be
> able to send 4xx errors after the "RCPT TO" until I can resolve the
> issue with my customers, can anyone suggest a good way to do this?

If you're content with a manual control mechanism, you could simply
put something like this in your RCPT ACL:

defer domains = /list/of/broken/customer/domains
message = This customer has shot himself in the foot, please try later

Add/remove domains from the file as required.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter@???