[exim] strange problem

Author: Marc Silver
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] strange problem
Hi guys,

I have a host running exim 4.68 that handles mail for the
discoverylink.co.za domain. Since this past weekend I have started seeing
the following in my rejectlogs:

2008-02-05 11:17:49 SMTP protocol synchronization error (next input sent
too soo
n: pipelining was advertised): rejected "Please delete it and notify the
sender.
[172.24.130.14] ne
style=3D
'font-siz=\r\ne:9.0pt;\r\nfont-family:Arial;font-weight:bold'>The contents
of th
is e-m"

I have hundreds of these errors and as a result I am seeing duplicates of
certain mails in my environment. I have a few questions which I would
greatly appreciate any help on:

1) Does this error mean that Exim is refusing this message completely? (I
don't think so because we're suddenly seeing duplicate where we never had
them before and they specifically co-incide with these errors)
2) Is there a way I can prevent this for mail coming from the internal
exchange servers?
3) Does anyone know what change in Exchange may have affected this? (I
don't admin the exchange servers but would like to be able to point them
in the right direction).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,
Marc