Re: [exim] EXIM Problem

Author: Ted Cooper
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] EXIM Problem
Nitin Gupta wrote:
> Hello All
> I am getting the following error when i ma trying to login
> Please help
> Feb 12 11:14:03 localhost authdaemond: , quota=<null>, options=<null>
> Feb 12 11:14:03 localhost authdaemond: Authenticated: clearpasswd=password1,
> passwd=<null>
> Feb 12 11:14:03 localhost imapd: testteen5:
> chdir(/usr/local/vdomains/testteen5/

>                               ) failed!!
> Feb 12 11:14:03 localhost imapd: error: No such file or directory
> Feb 12 11:14:03 localhost imapd: LOGIN FAILED, user=testteen5,
> ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
> Feb 12 11:14:03 localhost imapd: authentication error: No such file or
> directory
> Regards
> Nitin

Exim is an MTA - it listens on port 25 by default. It transfers email
from one MTA to another and accepts submissions from MUAs if so
configured. It does not deal in IMAP or POP3.

imapd is whatever IMAP daemon you are running and listens on port 143.

This is not an exim problem, however at a wild guess, I'd say
"/usr/local/vdomains/testteen5/\n\n\n\n                      " doesn't
exist on your system. Maybe a typo in an imap config file or /etc/passwd
or userdb or maybe just the Maildir directory missing or the directory
doesn't have the correct permissions.

--
The Exim Manual
http://www.exim.org/docs.html