Re: [exim] Delivery Receipt

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Gaurav Pruthi
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Delivery Receipt

On 11 Feb 2008, at 11:42, Gaurav Pruthi wrote:

> Is it possible to use delivery receipts in exim?

The MUA receive receipts work fine via exim, although as normal some
MUAs won't honour them and some people deliberately set MUAs to not
honour them.

> Is it MTA feature or MUA feature?

There are old deprecated MTA methods for handling delivery receipts
such as the Return-Receipt-To header. Exim does not support this
directly, and I would argue that any system that does should be
blacklisted as broken (ie consider the effect if I had sent this email
with a Return-Receipt-To: <your@???> to this list and a
majority of receiving systems acted on the result).

    Nigel.