Re: [exim] Clam holding up Exim due to attachment sizes.

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Clam holding up Exim due to attachment sizes.
On 11/02/2008, Brent Clark <brentgclarklist@???> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I need to find a solution / acl whereby i can skip mail with attachments, that are great than a certain size.
>
> My users send hi resolution images around the world, and the problem im facing is that it literally hogs clamav.
>
> I cant put a block on the mail sizes, as that will literally stop our business.
>
> If anyone has a solution, it would be soo appreciated.

Since you don't give any config information, I'll assume you're
calling clamav via the built-in content scanning functionality in the
DATA ACL...

You simply need a message size condtion in the ACL that calls clamav.

eg
deny message = This message contains malware ($malware_name)
condition = ${if < {$message_size}{10K}}
malware = *

Peter
--
Peter Bowyer