Re: [exim] Mime + filename matching

Autor: Craig Jackson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Mime + filename matching

peg|pps|ppt|gif|png|wmv|mpg|mp3> |mpeg|avi|wav|bmp|mov|asf|asx|mpe)\N}}
\
>          {

> match{${lc:$mime_content_type}}{\N^(zip|emz|iso|wma|jpg|jpeg|p

ps|ppt|gif|png|wmv|mpg|mp3|mpeg|avi|wav|bmp|mov|asf|asx|mpe)\N}} > \
>          }{1}{0}}

> The second regexp is matching a filename extension pattern against a
> content-type. Something like image/bmp is a content-type. What you
> have will work, accidentally, where the mime sub-type name matches the
> extension.
>
> In the first case, checking against mime_filename, you use atomic
> grouping to match on the entire filename (?>.*) and then
> check that what
> comes just before has the relevant letters; you're not
> actually checking
> that it's an extension, so a file named "bmp" would match, as would
> "foo.xbmp". So it's buggy, even though it should catch the case you
> have.
>

> Also, why is it that none of my replies to you get delivered to you?
> You seem to hang at RCPT stage until the sender (my system) times out.
> Every single time I reply to you. Every delivery attempt. Whatever
> response you see is coming in via the list. The bounces are ...
> irritating.
>
> 2008-02-08 22:32:32
>   cjackson@??? <CJackson@???>
>   R=outbound_signed T=remote_dksign
>   defer (60): Operation timed out:
>    SMTP timeout while connected to puma.abbott-simses.com
> [64.66.85.242]
>    after RCPT TO:<CJackson@???>

> -Phil

Phil,

First, I apologize to you and the list for the bounces. Our blacklist is
quite aggressive as the owners of the business will not tolerate any
spam. I am constantly tinkering with the Exim acls to avoid using
Spamassassin which doesn't really work well. So I started checking where
the spam is actually coming from (IP address) and found that 90% is
senseless garbage from Asia, Latin America, Europe, and Africa. Not
realizing that those networks were broken into subnetworks (ARIN doesn't
give that information), using Exim acls, email from those entire
networks, plus a long list of networks in the US and Canada, are made to
wait too long - 600s. Almost all spam disconnects during that time. 95%
of my spam is gone. Now, I have found the RIPE site, so rather than
"waitlisting" entire overseas networks, I intend to break them up, only
waitlisting offensive networks. I'll start with the European networks.
In the meantime, I need to set reply-to: as the list so you do not get
bounces. Again I am sorry for this temporary irritant.

Second, the problem with this mime acl: I understand something more
since I went back and reread the spec.txt. The mime_filename is derived
from the content_type or content_disposition headers - but no other. Not
all MUAs set the filename in these headers. In the above case,
mime_filename was set in the content_id header, thus Exim set
mime_filename to the empty string. So why didn't Exim set the second
part of OR condition (that is the content_type check) to true and thus
the entire condition to true. I used exim -d+acl+expand -bh IPADDRESS to
see all this. The answer must be that I made a mistake in there
somewhere. So am rechecking and will get back to you. Thanks for your
patience.

Craig