Re: [exim] Problems testing (sieve) filter rules

Author: Benjamin Podszun
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Problems testing (sieve) filter rules

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008, Phil Pennock wrote:

> On 2008-02-07 at 19:29 +0100, Benjamin Podszun wrote:
>> (Running as root or trusted mail account)
>>
>> exim -bf testfilter < testmail
>
> You're missing "-t" to take recipients, etc, from the mail headers of
> "testmail".

$ exim -bf testfilter -t < testmail
exim: incompatible command-line options or arguments

>> Okay, two things make me nervous here:
>> 1) Why is the recipient in this test the current user? I know that I can
>> override/set that with -bfd/-bfl but I expected that exim takes these
>> values from the testmail - to test the rules?
>
> Only if you tell it to. Otherwise the recipients are specified on the
> command-line.

Would love to tell it to use the sample mail somehow. But since I'm
testing filter rules with a sample message, what's the message for if it
isn't used for the addresses? Headers only by default? Anything at all?
Sorry, I'm still lost here.

Thanks for the answer though,
Ben