[exim] Problems testing (sieve) filter rules

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Benjamin Podszun
To: exim-users
題目: [exim] Problems testing (sieve) filter rules
Hi there.

I'm currently trying to set up sieve filtering for me and my users,
therefor I'm playing around with sieve scripts/examples and need to test
them, obviously.
Unfortunately exim -bf myfilterfile < sometestmessage doesn't work as I
would expect it to:

(Running as root or trusted mail account)

exim -bf testfilter < testmail
Return-path copied from sender
Sender      = root@myHostFQDN
Recipient   = root@myHostFQDN
Testing Sieve filter file "testfilter"

No implicit keep

With debug infos:

exim -d-all+filter -bf testfilter < testmail
Exim version 4.68 uid=0 gid=0 pid=15518 D=200
Berkeley DB: Berkeley DB 4.5.20: (September 20, 2006)
Support for: crypteq iconv() IPv6 PAM Perl TCPwrappers OpenSSL
Content_Scanning Old_Demime Experimental_SPF
Lookups: lsearch wildlsearch nwildlsearch iplsearch cdb dbm dbmnz dsearch
mysql passwd sqlite
Authenticators: cram_md5 plaintext spa
Routers: accept dnslookup ipliteral manualroute queryprogram redirect
Transports: appendfile/maildir/mailstore autoreply pipe smtp
Fixed never_users: 0
Size of off_t: 8
configuration file is /etc/exim/exim.conf
log selectors = 000055ff 006bb869
trusted user
admin user
Return-path copied from sender
Sender      = root@myFQDN
Recipient   = root@myFQDN
Testing Sieve filter file "testfilter"

fileinto `INBOX.ben'
No implicit keep

Okay, two things make me nervous here:
1) Why is the recipient in this test the current user? I know that I can
override/set that with -bfd/-bfl but I expected that exim takes these
values from the testmail - to test the rules?
2) Even worse, because I don't understand the use of this testing command
at all, currently: Why is the sender address not taken from the testmail?

The mail is a real sample, taken from my maildir inbox. I guess there's
not much wrong with it since exim does use it somehow ("Return-path copied
from sender").

I'm pretty sure I'm doing something very stupid here, but right now I'm
clueless. Can anyone lend me a hand or point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Ben