Re: [exim] smarthost

Top Pagina
Auteur: Steve Dobson
Aan: matt davies
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] smarthost
Hi Matt

On Thu, 2008-02-07 at 15:14 +0000, matt davies wrote:
> I'm brand new to exim so please bear with me

We were all new once. :-)

> I've got a web site that sends forms using python
>
> Exim4 came with my Ubuntu install.
>
> All I want to do is relay all mail from the web site on the local
> machine to our mail server that has been configured to accept mail
> from this machine and pass it on.

I'm a Debian user rather than Ubuntu but this should work the same.

Log in as root and then issue the command:

# dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config

This will ask you a number of question one how you want exim4
configured.

Q2 is the type of configuration and one of the options is:
    "mail sent by smarthost; no local mail"
Pick this.  Any e-mail sent to the box (either externally or locally)
will be
forward on to the smarthost.  Later one you are prompted for the
smarthost name.

I think this is the easiest way to configure the system for what you
want (if I
understand you correctly).

Hope this helps
Steve
--
Steve Dobson

Don't worry if you're a kleptomaniac; you can always take something for
it.