Re: [pcre-dev] Link / content not there (fwd)

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Andrew Ho
CC: PCRE Developers
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Link / content not there (fwd)
On Wed, 6 Feb 2008, Andrew Ho wrote:

> I got a complaint about www.pcre.org that appears legitimate, namely,
> the C++ wrappers seem to no longer be available at the FTP site.

Well, strictly, they are there, but hidden in a file that is called
archived-2007-03-19.tar.gz.

> I am guessing they were unmaintained and that I should remove the
> reference to them from www.pcre.org. Does that sound right?

They always were unmaintained, but I archived them after we added
Google's (maintained) C++ wrapping into the standard distribution.

Yes, I think you should remove the reference. The "recommended" way to
use PCRE from C++ nowadays is to use the distributed interface.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel