Re: [exim] using multiple ldap servers for a single query

Author: Dave Lugo
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] using multiple ldap servers for a single query
On Wed, 6 Feb 2008, John Jetmore wrote:

> So, any advice for best way to handle a single exim install which needs to
> speak to independent LDAP directories, one or more of which has multiple,
> redundant servers?

I did an authentication setup a while ago, which needed to talk to
differing backends depending on what domain was in the auth attempt.

It also needed to failover to backup ldap servers if a primary
was down.

I ended up using a flat file table of domain, server, and search
base. A job runs from cron once per minute, and updates the
table, so that a down primary server is noticed, and worked around.

The ldap servers involved are so reliable, that a <60 second
outage, once a year, just isn't a big deal.

Dave Lugo   dlugo@???    LC Unit #260   TINLC