Re: [exim-dev] NewStuff

Author: Oliver von Bueren
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] NewStuff
Tony Finch wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Feb 2008, Dean Brooks wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 08:57:11PM +0100, B. Johannessen wrote:
>>
>>> How about renaming NewStuff to NewStuff-x.yz when version x.yz is
>>> released, and leaving it in the distribution (at least until the end of
>>> the x branch?
>>>
> I'd prefer to just let the file grow, and not create clutter.
>

>> I would second that. If the file is wiped after each release, it
>> would require download each previous distribution if you are jumping
>> forward multiple revisions.

You can get the single NewStuff and ChangeLog files from the exim ftp
server under /pub/exim/ChangeLogs. There you have the naming convention
suggested above for those two files.
BTW: The NewStuff for 4.69 is missing there.

I like the NewStuff file as well, it enables me as a user of exim to
quickly get all the information required to update the software and use
the added features without going through the detailed ChangeLog.

Oliver