[exim] Delay when connecting to send mail

Top Pagina
Auteur: Yves Goergen
Aan: exim
Onderwerp: [exim] Delay when connecting to send mail
Hello,

for some time now I've noticed that every time my e-mail programme
should connect to my mail server to send a message, it takes a few
seconds while it says "Connecting...". I have no idea what this could
come from. It happens every time, also when sending mail several times
in a few minutes. Sending the message itself goes reasonable fast once
it is connected. Any ideas where to start? Could it be a DNS issue? How
could I find out?

Here's my environment and configuration:
Exim version: 4.62 (built from source)
OS: Debian Linux 3.0
DB backend: MySQL 5.0 (local server)
Transport security: TLS
MUA: Thunderbird 2.0, Windows XP, no firewall, DSL with NAT
Spam filter: SpamAssassin, but not for authenticated mail like this

--
Yves Goergen "LonelyPixel" <nospam.list@???>