Re: [exim] .forward pipe, exim4, amd64 & signal 11

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Leonardo Boselli
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] .forward pipe, exim4, amd64 & signal 11
On 2008-02-02 at 22:47 +0100, Leonardo Boselli wrote:
> I changed a server, from a pentium4 to a xeon dual processor.
> and fron etch i386 to etch amd64

My system is based around amd64, Exim is fine.

> Befor e the move to amd64 it worked, now, even after recompilation of
> listre1 (a C program), des not longer work, and in the eim log ifound that
> the child program was interrupted by a signal 11 (segmentation fault).
> IF I SAVE THE MESSAGe, then i
> cat message | |/home/huser/listre1 -counter ............
> IT WORKS !
> where is the ploblem that forbide exim to work ???

You need to look more closely at listre1; I think that it's not 64-bit
clean and has interesting failure modes. Exim is doing nothing special
here.

I'd start looking at what environment is expected when the program is
run, what's in the library path, what is different.

Exim is reporting that the child died, the problem lies with the child,
not with Exim.

-Phil