Re: [exim] Using smartrelay getting unrouteable address erro…

Top Pagina
Auteur: Ted Cooper
Aan: Andy Smith
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Using smartrelay getting unrouteable address error
Andy Smith wrote:
> Hi Ted,
>

> yeah appologies, I did mangle the email address I posted, good to know
> this is done automatically by the list
> and in any future messages I may post Ill will not mess with the
> information. Domian.net isnt the domain I was
> attempting to email, and the address is valid cos as mentioned when I
> sub in an exim config from another system
> I can deliver mail without problems.
>
> Taking a step back from my specific problem, can I just check that Im my
> thinking is actually ok on the subject of
> smartrelay pls?
> My understanding of this option under sendmail is that it allows any
> mail not local to the localhost to be
> automatically relied to a named SMTP server (actually not smart at all,
> but a dumb forward regardless
> of the destination). Im imagining that smartrelay will function more or
> less the same in EXIM, am I wrong?
>
> thanks Andy.

There's no real smart relay option as such. Just a bunch of routers that
do whatever you want them to. From what I can tell, you have your smart
relay router set with the wrong conditions so that it is unable to route
the mail correctly. For a smart host router to work you need to use the
verbs/actions to limit to only route emails not for your local domains
and it seems that condition is either backwards or missing from your
settings.

--
The Exim Manual
http://www.exim.org/docs.html