Re: [exim] message frozen emails

Author: John W. Baxter
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] message frozen emails
On 1/16/08 12:10 PM, "Peter Bowyer" <peter@???> wrote:

> On 16/01/2008, Jeroen van Aart <kroshka@???> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I was wondering if it is acceptable practice to assign no address, or a
>> "/dev/null" assigned address for message frozen reports. I find myself
>> doing nothing with the information, except deleting them (or telling
>> procmail to do so).
>
> What reports are you referring to? Doesn't sound like something Exim sends.
>
> As a general rule, if your common practice is to ignore a class of
> message, it's entirely up to you whether you want it in your inbox or
> not.....

It sounds as if the general config file section setting

freeze_tell

has been set up with an address. Removing that will stop the messages. By
default it has no address, and no message is sent.

(We actually have one system on which it is set, as doing so caught
processing errors upstream. It hasn't been triggered since the last time I
"fixed" the upstream a few months ago, so perhaps I actually fixed it
correctly (that time)).

The command
exim -bP freeze_tell
will show the current setting.