Re: [exim] exim4 not using spamd or clamd

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: John W. Baxter
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] exim4 not using spamd or clamd
On 1/28/08 12:26 PM, "Jason Fisher" <jfisher@???> wrote:

> I was sending messages through the system from
> the console using the "mail" command. I'm still not quite sure why mail
> submitted that way completely bypassed all the checking I'd set up, but,
> that's another issue and, I'm sure, just needs more of my attention and
> time to root out.

The unix/linux command mail (at least in cases where I'm familiar with it)
sends by calling sendmail (and reaching exim) from the command line
interface, not by an SMTP interaction.

Check the earliest Received: header in one of those messages...it likely
includes the phrase "with local (Exim "

Or, possibly, sendmail is still lurking and the message when through
sendmail.

So the message is handled by different ACLs.

--John