著者: Renaud Allard
To: David Sharpe
CC: Exim Users
題目: Re: [exim] Hotmail

David Sharpe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Recently (Mid-January 2008) Hotmail has developed some intermittent
> delivery problem with email being
> sent through our server.
>
> * A new message to a hotmail address is discarded by Hotmail and never
> shown to the user
> * A reply to a message - to a hotmail address - is delivered reliably
> * All email from Hotmail to our server is delivered reliably
>
> Mail logs show mail is queued correctly on the Hotmail servers in all
> cases - any suggestions as to why
> mail is suddenly being silently dropped?

Hi David,

This is not new at all. Hotmail is known to discard many messages.
Contacting them generally doesn't solve the problem, even if you pay them.
Your server should be fine, it is hotmail that is discarding the messages.

You can browse exim archives for an uncountable number of threads
mentionning problems with hotmail.

Regards