Re: [exim] Router Redirect Question

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Router Redirect Question
On onsdagen den 23 januari 2008, Marc Perkel wrote:
> If one router redirects the message to a different email address are the
> variables $local_part and $domain updated to the new values? I'm trying
> to use multiple alias files where the first alias might make one change
> and the second alias makes another change.

While the documentation doesn't say this explicitly word for word, it's quite
obvious that it has to be this way. After all, $local_host and $domain are
used to construct routing rules, and that wouldn't work unless they were set
to the new address when a router redirects a message to a different email
address. Also, you have $original_local_part and $original_domain which
*aren't* changed.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)