Re: [exim] exim4 not using spamd or clamd

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim4 not using spamd or clamd
On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 11:28:36 -0600, "Jason Fisher"
<jfisher@???> wrote:
>Hi. First post. My apologies if I'm doing this incorrectly.

Looks good.

>I've been using Exim4, Clamav, and Spamassassin for an smtp gateway for
>sometime now on a Debian box. I just finished building an Ubuntu Gutsy
>box and after installing exim4-daemon-heavy and the necessary clamav and
>spamassassin packages, I can't get exim4 to scan messages with clamd or
>spamd.

And it worked on Debian, but not on Ubuntu?

>I have av_scanner = clamd:/tmp/clamd and spamd_address =
>127.0.0.1 783. I had tried av_scanner = clamd:/var/run/clamav/clamd.ctl
>first.

|spamd_address = 127.0.0.1 783
|CHECK_DATA_LOCAL_ACL_FILE = CONFDIR/conf.d/acl/50_local_check_data_include
|av_scanner = clamd:/var/run/clamav/clamd.ctl

Looks similiar to my (working) setup on Debian.

For the non-debians here: the DATA acl in Debian ends like this by
default:
| .ifdef CHECK_DATA_LOCAL_ACL_FILE
| .include CHECK_DATA_LOCAL_ACL_FILE
| .endif

| accept

My first idea is that you have modified the "wrong" configuration.
Which file did you edit to enter your spamd_address and av_scanner
lines? Which value is set as dc_use_split_config in
/etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf?

Otherwise, your configuration looks quite correct from a Debian point
of view.

Greetings
Marc