Re: [exim] Tunning Exim

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Cleber Picolo
Cc: exim-users exim. org
Asunto: Re: [exim] Tunning Exim

On 24 Jan 2008, at 17:34, Cleber Picolo wrote:

> Ok, i'm working in a project for a company, and i need to send more
> than
> 20.000 emails per hour. The objective is 100.000 emails per hour.
> But with my configuration i just send 14.000 emails per hour.
> I have 10 processes running. I limit my queue to 2000 emails.

On what class of hardware?

> If i need to confgure better my routers, how can i do this?

There is information on exim tuning in the archives.

However, unless there is something really strange in your
configuration the normal information is:-

   1. Get a *really* good disk subsystem.  Email does synchronous
      writes to the disk.

2. *Really* get a good disk subsystem

3. If the mail is disposable use a RAM disk system instead

   4. Tune other things... add memory, cache DNS on the local
      network.  Make sure db lookups are efficient.

Step 4 may get you a few % improvement. Step 1/2 could improve things
by several orders of magnitude.

    Nigel.