Re: [pcre-dev] 7.6-RC2

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
著者: Sheri
To: pcre-dev
題目: Re: [pcre-dev] 7.6-RC2
Philip Hazel wrote:
> I've now made up -RC2 with Sheri's CMakeLists.txt patch, with the
> unwanted .svn removed, and with no automatic build of pcredemo.
>
> ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programming/pcre/Testing/pcre-7.6-RC2.tar.gz
> ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programming/pcre/Testing/pcre-7.6-RC2.tar.bz2
> ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programming/pcre/Testing/pcre-7.6-RC2.zip
>
> Philip

I refined the cmakelist file a bit more: using the attached version the
Non-Standard settings are only offered when configuring for Mingw, and
are also shown on the Summary (but only if Mingw and not static).

The configuration summary I was seeing consistently this morning and all
day, and then this afternoon it quit showing up again. It either has
something to do with when I've used both mingw and Visual Studio during
the same boot, or with something I've done in Cmakesetup (like right
click a value name).

When building in Visual Studio, the Configuration Summary shows ahead of
each target built (at least a half dozen times).

I made a few more changes to the summary, the messages for zlibs and
readline not found were a bit too too alarming considering they are
optional and the options don't even show up in Cmakesetup unless you
choose advanced settings. Without advanced, you see only a browse box
for NCurses now. Apparently cmake would need Ncurses to do readline (not
sure about this, but it would be nice if it could be documented).
However, I doubt very much these new link libraries would be popular on
Windows even if their support built properly for windows via cmake.

I was sorry to see pcredemo go since Christian had it working for both
shared and static, and it built and worked in mingw and in Visual
Studio. Maybe you could add a note to the pcresample doc that to build
pcredemo (or any app?) on Windows it is imperative to define PCRE_STATIC
if the libraries are static libraries. I'm not sure, but I think it is
also imperative to link to pcreposix for static even when the posix api
is not used (Bob?).

Regards,
Sheri