Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE 7.6-RC1 Testing Release

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Bob Rossi
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE 7.6-RC1 Testing Release
On Tue, 22 Jan 2008, Bob Rossi wrote:

> OK, in pcredemo.c, simply add '#include <config.h>' above the rest of
> the defines.

I cannot do that. pcredemo.c is supposed to be a demonstration of how
you could write an application that uses an installed PCRE library.
There is no need for such applications to make use of PCRE's config.h
file - and indeed they may well have a config.h of their own.

I did think it was a mistake when pcredemo.c was compiled as part of the
new build system - it never was previously - but I couldn't be bothered
to make a fuss about it. Seems like perhaps I should have listened to my
instincts!

Philip

--
Philip Hazel