Re: [exim] How does exim (as sender) handle timeouts onlarg…

Author: Jakob Hirsch
To: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [exim] How does exim (as sender) handle timeouts onlarge+recipient lists? (was: How to set exim to manage thenumber of CC or BCC addresses?)
Quoting Heiko Schlittermann:

> Couldn't it be a kind of smart behaviour, if Exim (as sending MTA)
> would detect the fact, that the connection died at some point during the
> "RCPT TO" phase? And then for the next attempt Exim could reduce some
> "internal" max_rcpt to higher the chance that at least one copy of the
> message gets through? (And the other cop{y/ies} with other connections?)

I guess it wouldn't be that hard to implement (maybe it could even be
done with the system filter).
But I don't see how that would be useful. Did you ever encounter a
system with such behaviour?
The default for max_rcpt is 100, btw, so the case you described would
not be triggered by the default config.