Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE 7.6-RC1 Testing Release

Author: Christian Ehrlicher
To: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE 7.6-RC1 Testing Release
Bob Rossi schrieb:
> On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 03:52:14PM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:

<snip>
> When I run the testsuite I get
> ===================
> 2 of 5 tests failed
> ===================
> Test 2: API and error handling (not Perl compatible)
> FAIL: RunTest
> FAIL: RunGrepTest
>
> Do you need more info on this?
>
> Second, if I build with shared library support, the build is OK.
> However, 5 out of 5 tests fail. I never took the time to make sure that
> the shared libraries work properly on mingw. I sorta strapped for time
> now, so perhaps we fix this after 7.6 is released?

I tested it with mingw & msvc - same result:

Running tests...
Start processing tests
Test project E:/Qt/pcre-7.6-RC1-build
  1/  4 Testing pcre_test                     ***Failed
  2/  4 Testing pcrecpp_test                     Passed
  3/  4 Testing pcre_scanner_test                Passed
  4/  4 Testing pcre_stringpiece_test            Passed

75% tests passed, 1 tests failed out of 4

for me it looks like runtest.bat does not support out-of-source build -
so don't worry about the failed test atm.

Christian