Re: [pcre-dev] Current state of cmake support

Author: Sheri
To: Christian Ehrlicher
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Current state of cmake support
Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> Sheri schrieb:

>>> Do you really need such an option? Why? It was wrong.
>>> If you need it we can add an option explicit for mingw.
>>>

>> Yes, sorry I really do. :)
>>

> Ok, I'll add an option for mingw only and mark it as 'advanced' to
> restore backward compatibility.

Would it make sense and also be possible to add similar options for
"suffix"?

If I use configure & make (in Msys/mingw), electing shared libraries I
get pcre-0.dll, pcreposix-0.dll and pcrecpp-0.dll. But electing static
libraries, I get pcre.a, pcreposix.a and pcrecpp.a. Possibly someone
making the switch to cmake might like to maintain filename suffix
compatibility. I don't know if this is only applicable in mingw or not.
Philip, are name suffixes consistent between Configure and make vs cmake
built shared and static libraries on Linux?

Regards,
Sheri