Re: [exim] ipv6 dnsbl errors

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Phil Pennock
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] ipv6 dnsbl errors
On 2008-01-17 at 17:06 +0100, Jakob Hirsch wrote:
> Huh? Which list? The only list involved here is dnslists, and there's no
> ipv6 address given.

(1) I already pointed out that this was wrong; you might want to read
    existing replies to a post before replying yourself.  Yes, I make
    mistakes.  My mistakes aren't as rare as I would like them to be.

(2) There clearly is an IPv6 address given, since the default lookup
    value is $sender_host_address which, in the given case, was IPv6.

> It seems that the used dnslist server simply takes the first 4 elements,
> which in most (if not all) cases will be 2.0.0.1. I would consider that
> a flaw.

No, it's worse than that, since it complained about the IP address
"2.0.0.0" for an IP address in 2001::/8; Randy posted:

     rcpt to: <foo@???>
     550-rejected because 2001:4d00:0:e:62:89:13:66 is in  a black list at
     550-blackholes.mail-abuse.org
     550 Blackholed - see <URL:http://mail-abuse.org/cgi-bin/lookup?2.0.0.0>

But since Randy has posted that he runs the RBL which he's querying,
that makes it his bug to track down. :^)

-Phil