Re: [exim] SPF problem receiving mail from sky.com, etc.

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Peter Bowyer
Para: exim users
Asunto: Re: [exim] SPF problem receiving mail from sky.com, etc.
On 17/01/2008, Richard Gilbert <R.Gilbert@???> wrote:
> I started using a simple SPF configuration:
>
>    deny    message = $sender_host_address is not allowed to send mail
> from $sender_address_domain
>            spf = fail

> I found that with this in place people using sky.com were unable to send
> us mail. sky.com use googlemail to provide their mail service, and the
> problem also affected other domains which used googlemail, but not
> googlemail.com/gmail.com addresses. The senders were seeing errors like:
>
> Temp_failure. Connection was dropped by remote host. (sent_RCPT)
>
> Nothing was appearing in our logs.

Are you sure that the connection was reaching you?.... the ACL 'deny'
in the snippet you quote above will cause a log entry in mainlog and
rejectlog.

sky.com's SPF record looks sane, and in fact won't cause any SPF
failures since it ends in '~all'. Although it doesn't actually follow
Google's instructions for 'corporate' gmail - they're probably a
special case....

You probably need to do some debug sessions with exim -bh and a
selection of IP addresses from sky's SPF record (and outside it) and
see if any clues are forthcoming.

Peter
--
Peter Bowyer