Re: [pcre-dev] Current state of cmake support

Author: Christian Ehrlicher
To: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Current state of cmake support
Sheri schrieb:
> Christian Ehrlicher wrote:

<snip>

> Personally I really only have this one use for cmake and for Msys (i.e.,
> building pcre libraries, and testing other components of the pcre
> distribution and build options), but I'm all for doing it easier if I
> can. What environment are you supposed to use for cmakesetup and make
> in, if not msys? DOS? What command do you use for making? I'm not
> currently set up with the proper enviroment to use mingw anywhere but
> Msys. I use the verbose makefile so I can grab the linking command from
> the console output for each library and reprocess it after the fact with
> .coff files. If you put .rc files in your source dir for MSVC builds,
> they get built and incorporated, but for Msys/mingw they have to be added.
>
> Anyway if there's another way to use cmake and mingw, we need to add a
> step-by-step in "NON-UNIX-USE" where building pcre with cmake is
> documented.

I don't use CMakeSetup very often. The normal way for me is to create a
builddir and execute cmake on the command line

cmake ..\pcre-7.5 -G "NMake Makefiles" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug or
cmake ..\pcre-7.5 -G "MinGW Makefiles" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug

You have to make sure that the build env is set up correct - for msvc
I'm simply using the Visual Studio Command prompt and for MinGW I just
have to make sure that MinGW\bin is in my PATH. The mingw make is named
'mingw32-make'.

Do you use rc files somewhere? For mingw you'll need a small extra
macro. I've opened a bug report for this some time ago. A simple macro
can be found here:
http://wiki.qtcentre.org/index.php?title=Compiling_Qt4_apps_with_CMake#Windows-related_issues
and a better one (because not hard-coded windres.exe and also checking
the dependencies) can be found here:
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdesupport/kdewin-installer/gui/CMakeLists.txt?revision=757771&view=markup
(don't know why Ralf named it QT4_ADD_RESOURCES2 - it has nothing to do
with Qt)

HTH
Christian