Re: [pcre-dev] Building PCRE 7.5 with Visual Studio 7

Author: George Shimanovich
To: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Building PCRE 7.5 with Visual Studio 7
> It is necessary to compile the shared libraries in the same VS
environment used to compile the code that will link or open the dll(s)
because a difference in runtime version creates problems.

Correct. That also means that workspaces and projects generated for x64
should be revised to allow cross-compilation on 32-bit platform, where
most of the client x64 build are done. Currently the cross-compiler
build fails when it attempts to run 64-bit version of dftables.exe
during the build. See my earlier email for manual fix that I had to make
for that.

- George

"This communication may contain confidential and privileged material
for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any unauthorized review,
use or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you have
received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply
email and delete the message. Thank you."