Re: [exim] How to have port 80 open, along with a website?

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Jethro R Binks
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] How to have port 80 open, along with a website?
On Mon, 14 Jan 2008, chuckee wrote:

> Well, the thing is that I don't want to have to get my users to enter
> 'mail.myserver.com' as the SMTP server. I want them to be able to just
> enter 'myserver.com' as the server name. I already have many, many
> users, and getting them to all change over to mail.myserver.com would
> not be easy. Hence, I am not sure that I can use a second IP address.

Ouch, well that was a poor earlier decision that has come back around to
bite you now.

But there's nothing to stop you offering your alternative service from now
on at 'mail.myserver.com', and those who really need it will surely find
it in themselves to make that small settings change to get it working.

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks
Computing Officer, IT Services
University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK