Re: [exim] from waht planet is coming this spam?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: W B Hacker
Para: exim users
Asunto: Re: [exim] from waht planet is coming this spam?
Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> On 15 Jan 2008, at 10:07, W B Hacker wrote:
>> - a filter or SA rule w/r 'date in future' or some such, (neither
>> is in
>> default setup, and we don't know your config)
>
> Not sure if that is in the future - the *date* is a day in the past
> for me.
>
> The oddity is that the day of the week does not match the date.
> You *could* try building code to check for that

I have it somewhere - as an LMI Z-80 Forth wordset written to do Geller
dates for CP/M - and also in some script I disremember to teach it to a
DEC database that lacked dates on the 11-750.

> but I think it
> would fire so infrequently that it wouldn't be worth it

agreed - if only 'coz the typical 'puter's firmware & OS & utils make it
so unlikely an event. Wrong date - yes, impossible date not.

Otherwise, one has to hack code, or manually insert a date (which I
suspect is what happened in the original - e.g. possible product of a
flawed interpreted-language utility or script.

> - although
> it might have a highish false positive effect against dates that
> are not exactly in the form you expect (or where the day of the
> week is in a different language).
>
>     Nigel.
> --
> [ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]
> [ - Comments in this message are my own and not ITO opinion/policy - ]

That too. There are a great many countries where the 'official' calendar
is not the one used in (most of) 'the West'. Lunar, to name one, and in
several variants is still common - not just in Asia. There are others.
All best left to 'userland', much as National Language character
encoding needs to be.