Re: [exim] How to have port 80 open, along with a website?

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: chuckee
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] How to have port 80 open, along with a website?

Renaud Allard wrote:

> chuckee wrote:
>>
>> Dave Evans-14 wrote:
>>> Install some webmail software on your web server, thus eliminating the
>>> need
>>> for your users to directly connect to Exim.
>>>

>> The users are actually paying for the SMTP server - it is the only reason
>> they are using the server in the first place. It is a paid SMTP service
>> that
>> I am offering.
>
> If your users are paying for the service, aren't they paying you enough
> for you to get a second IP address on which you could make exim listen
> on port 80?
> There is no real problem on getting exim running on port 80 as long as
> you have a dedicated IP for it. In your configuration, I think you would
> have to have 3 IPs. One for http on port 80, one for imap (or pop3) on
> port 80 and one for smtp on port 80. Although, as some others have
> pointed out, smtp is not generally listening on port 80 but on port 587
> for submission.

Well, the thing is that I don't want to have to get my users to enter
'mail.myserver.com' as the SMTP server. I want them to be able to just enter
'myserver.com' as the server name. I already have many, many users, and
getting them to all change over to mail.myserver.com would not be easy.
Hence, I am not sure that I can use a second IP address.