Re: [exim] How to have port 80 open, along with a website?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Renaud Allard
Para: chuckee
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] How to have port 80 open, along with a website?

chuckee wrote:

> Dave Evans-14 wrote:
>> On Sun, Jan 13, 2008 at 03:40:17PM -0800, chuckee wrote:
>>> I need Exim open on port 80 because many of my users are accessing Exim
>>> from
>>> networks where port 80 is the only port that is open (e.g. airports).
>> Install some webmail software on your web server, thus eliminating the
>> need
>> for your users to directly connect to Exim.
>>

> The users are actually paying for the SMTP server - it is the only reason
> they are using the server in the first place. It is a paid SMTP service that
> I am offering.

If your users are paying for the service, aren't they paying you enough
for you to get a second IP address on which you could make exim listen
on port 80?
There is no real problem on getting exim running on port 80 as long as
you have a dedicated IP for it. In your configuration, I think you would
have to have 3 IPs. One for http on port 80, one for imap (or pop3) on
port 80 and one for smtp on port 80. Although, as some others have
pointed out, smtp is not generally listening on port 80 but on port 587
for submission.