Re: [exim] Exim used as a filter - want some hosts to be del…

Autor: David Woodhouse
A: schmerold
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exim used as a filter - want some hosts to be deliveredon alternative ports

On Fri, 2008-01-11 at 22:38 -0600, John Schmerold wrote:
> We use our exim install as a spam filter, it does a great job, however
> some spammers have learned they can send their junk to mail.gmail.com
> and it gets past the filter.
>
> In exim.conf, we have following lines in the router section:
> internal:
> driver = manualroute
> domains = +relay_to_domains
> transport = remote_smtp
> route_data = ${lookup{$domain}partial-lsearch{/etc/exim/transport}}
>
> then we have a file /etc/exim/transport containing:
> gmail.com: mail.gmail.com
> google.com: mail.google.com
>
> I want mail being delivered to gmail.com to go to port 2525, mail
> going to google.com goes to port 25
>
> Please help &/or point me to documentation that would accomplish this.

You could use a SRV record for 'mail.gmail.com' which specifies the port
yopu want. Then you don't need to hack up your configuration with
special cases. Although setting check_srv might be helpful:
http://exim.org/exim-html-4.50/doc/html/spec_17.html#IX1694

--
dwmw2