Re: [pcre-dev] More Windows Building Woes

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Sheri
To: pcre-dev
Oggetto: Re: [pcre-dev] More Windows Building Woes
Sheri wrote:
> When configured with Cmake for Static library in Msys, Make fails and
> stops at building of pcregrep

It is apparently a problem with the library names. If the test programs
need to be statically linked to pcre and pcreposix in Msys/mingw,
apparently their names need to be libpcre.a and libpcreposix.a. I
renamed the files in my build directory and reprocessed "make". pcre.a
and pcreposix.a were recreated, but since the previously renamed copies
of libpcre.a and libpcreposix.a were also present, pcregrep.exe,
pcretest.exe, etc. were also built.

This doesn't seem to be an issue when using cmake configured for
Msys/mingw SHARED libraries. The exe programs get built just fine with
the shared libraries named pcre.dll and pcreposix.dll. My primary use
for pcre builds is Msys/mingw shared libraries. I just thought it would
be nice to have a statically linked pcregrep.exe (which is the reason I
processed another build configuration).

It also doesn't seem to be an issue when using cmake to configure for
Visual Studio. The test programs do build (although the critical
HAVE_WINDOWS_H and HAVE_LONG_LONG are not currently available, and
pcredemo is not in the build lineup). My recollection was that
everything got built for both Static and Shared versions in previous
builds (though I haven't tried either with the Release).

Regards,
Sheri