Re: [exim] cyrus sasl authentication problems

Author: Ross Boylan
To: exim-users
CC: ross
Subject: Re: [exim] cyrus sasl authentication problems
On Thu, 2008-01-10 at 21:01 -0500, Ross Boylan wrote:
> The other thing that seems odd is that I see no exchange of the user
> name (on either the client or server side). Are the password and
> username all wrapped into one in the challenge-response?

The answer is yes, as I see when I run swak with -apt to translate the
response to plaintext.
> If not, then
> that's the immediate cause of the problem. I do specify -au to swak.

So it's something else.

I thought server_realm was required. I tried taking it out and
providing various @ parts for the user name (before I had just the
name). None of this worked.

I'm also not sure if specifying server_hostname would help.

Ross