Re: [exim] Exim4 smarthost configuration help (debian)

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Marc Haber
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Exim4 smarthost configuration help (debian)
On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 02:04:31 -0800, Phil Pennock
<exim-users@???> wrote:
>A friend's Debian machine has: /usr/share/doc/exim4/README.Debian.gz
>Note that everything in your configuration is Debian-specific. Not one
>line of it looks like general Exim config. Sorry.

He didn't show the exim configuration. He showed a configuration file
that Debian's magic uses to create the exim configuration. What we use
as exim config is not-so-different from the upstream example.conf, it
just has a truckload of extra macros and string replacements.

The original user is not using split configuration
(dc_use_split_config='false'), so his exim configuration is at
/etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template.

His question is quite special and would probably not find answers on
pkg-exim4-users where I am usually the only one giving answers.

>It looks as though the unclean quick hack to get it working would be to
>edit /etc/exim4/conf.d/rewrite/31_exim4-config_rewriting to add the 'T'
>flag to the 'Ffrs' set

No, he is using non-split config and would have to change
/etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template. If he would be using split config,
your advice would be correct.

>and do whatever it is Debian needs to rebuild the
>config.

/etc/init.d/exim4 restart

> That looks like the sort of change that will break with the
>next update though.

No, Debian tries hard to preserve user changes to configuration files.
We usually succeed. If a file changed in the package and locally, the
admin is asked which version to keep.

Greetings
Marc